So a little update. On my New Year's resolutions. It would appear that people have not been keeping me in check! Yes, I am blaming it on YOU. J/K.
Yeah, I bought the alarm clock. It's nice. It buzzes. Unfortunately, my sleeping habits have not really changed. I went to lunch with two colleagues this week and we discussed our sleeping and waking schedules. We all were night owls - none of us bothered to go to bed before 2 AM. We all agreed that sleeping by 10pm may be feasible for the suburbanites or the elderly, but New Yorkers simply cannot do it. There's too much energy and activity in the air. I've done slightly better than my past habits this year. I now try and sleep by midnight. And I've also gotten up pretty early a number of times this year. The alarm clock has not changed anything though. But a new alarm clock was long overdue, so no regrets there.
As for the diet/eating/working out business, well, again it would appear that I have already been neglectful of this resolution. January was a disaster at work, and I stressed out and ate. A lot. Of bad things. I also am not on schedule to do blood tests by the end of February. Yeah, this would be what people would call a giant "FAIL." The plan? I don't really know. Just try to get back on the wagon and stop beating myself up? Or beat myself up more? Who knows. Ugh. Blame it on the brain, a.k.a., prefrontal cortex.
As for the final resolution of breaking up with Vikram and William, that appears to be the only thing I am on track for doing, in accordance with the schedule I set. So I guess I'll be an obese sleepy person with a net worth of zero come Dec. 31, 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment