So, this is a first in a series of i-am-so-bored-with-my-life-someone-help-me-plz entries. I would like to know why I have Work ADD. I mean, for a couple of minutes I absolutely love it. And then a day later, I hate it. And this repeats. My fiancee has trouble keeping up with it. I don't know if Big Pharma makes/markets Adderall, Concerta, Metadate, Vyvanse, or any of the other hundred ADD/ADHD meds for employees suffering from Work ADD, but maybe they should. I mean, ADD/ADHD is not limited to 6-year old boys eating paste under a table but also encompasses 30-year-old women who've lost their career motivation/purpose.
When I was a summer associate, another summer associate in my class (we'll call him Beyonce) had a scrip for Adderall and would take Adderall at work. I mean, Beyonce was many things, but he was no 6-year old hyperactive kid. Annoying? For sure. Smelly? Sometimes when he would sweat. Uncomfortable oversharing? This boy had no inner filter. But I don't think he really needed Adderall. Of course, he would take it and claim that he could pump out a legal research project in an afternoon. We were all jealous of his drugs, to say the least. In the end, he became the butt of our jokes and ultimately ended up working at Cadwalader (unsurprisingly).
But I digress with my memories of Beyonce. The point is, was that okay? Instead of mocking him, should I have asked for his doctor's number? I really really could use something right about now that would take away my thoughts of something better and help me focus on the mind-numbing task at hand. I am surprised Big Pharma hasn't already jumped on this. I could see the commercials now: "Do you suffer from hopelessness and malaise during your daytime job? If so, Concerta could be for you. Side effects including hypertension, heart disease, early onset diabetes and excessive sweating. Talk to your doctor about Concerta. It's never too late to have a career that you don't despise."
No comments:
Post a Comment